applicable to the registration to Mapping out your road as a science professional
Course organisers: Qia Consultancy & Training and Voix Humaines
Course Participant: A person who has applied and paid for one or more of the courses offered by Qia Consultancy & Training and Voix Humaines.
Registrant: a person who has registered to take part in one or more of the courses offered by Qia Consultancy & Training and Voix Humaines.
General Terms: These General Terms of Registration and Course Conditions.
Acceptance of general conditions for registration
Registering to our retreat implies acceptance of these General Terms. If a registrant does not wish to subject to these General Terms, he/she is not authorised to make use of the services of the course organisers. In this case, the course organisers ask registrants not to proceed the registration.
Description of the event and registration fee
- Mapping out your road as a science professional is a 2-day retreat running from Thursday 18 June 2020 09:30hrs to Friday 19 June 2020 17:00hrs.
- The venue is Akoesticum, Ede
- The maximum number of course participants is limited to 15 persons.
- Registration fee is set to 850 euro per person, excluding 21% BTW, including full-board accommodation.
Registration and payment terms
- Registration is compulsory to secure a place. Registration deadline is set on 15 May 2020.
- The course organisers will confirm a registration by email within 3 working days. Upon confirmation, the registration is binding: a place has been reserved and the applicable registration fee will be charged.
- Payment of the fee is due within 14 days after invoice date. Payment has to be completed before the event starts. Note: some academic institutions may not be able to process the payment timely. If the employer agreed to cover a registration fee, the course organisers suggest to advance the payment personally. The course organisers will provide a receipt of the payment, which can be used (along with the invoice) to reclaim expenses from the employer.
- Financing the registration fee is the responsibility of the course participant.
- Should the event be fully booked, the course organisers will notify the registrant and propose the option to be placed on a waiting list. Available places will be assigned on a first come first served basis. After acceptance, we will confirm the place.
- Registrants are granted a retraction period of 14 days starting from the registration date, provided that this period is before May 15, 2020. From this day on, we can no longer accept retractions and payment will be due.
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing, stating full name and registration date.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- If applicable, course participants will receive a refund of the registration fee in 14 days maximum after receipt of the retraction request.
- From May 15, 2020 on, no refund will be given.
- No refund will be given in case of (partial) failure to attend (no-show)
- Under certain conditions, the organisers may allow a substitute to take a course participant’s place. Please contact the course organisers to discuss options.
- Should the minimum of 12 participants not be reached, the course organisers are entitled to cancel to event. In this case course participants will be notified and fully refunded. The organisers may propose a new date for this edition. Registering for the new date is optional. Former registrants will be given priority in the registration process.
- The course organisers are entitled to make changes in the course within the limits of the subject announced.
- The course organisers are entitled to make changes in the programme if they deem it necessary for organisational reasons.
- In case a trainer is incapacitated through illness or otherwise, the course organisers will do their utmost best to propose a similarly qualified trainer as a substitute.
- In case planned materials or (technical) aids fail to function in time or properly, the course organisers will do their utmost best to replace them with similar materials or aids. In any of the cases above, the course participant will not be entitled to claim (partial) refund of the course fee, nor will the course organisers be liable to make any compensation.
- Course participants will be personally responsible for any damage, material and/or personal, caused during the course. The course organisers will not be liable for any injury caused by trainers, materials or aids, except in the case of deliberate intent or gross negligence on the part of Qia Consultancy & Training and Voix Humaines.
- The course organisers are not liable for the disappearance of the course participant’s possessions through theft or loss.
- The course organisers retain the right to deny a course participant further admission to a course if the course participant’s behaviour, as judged by the trainers or course organisers, prevents the course from proceeding properly. In such a case of disruptive behaviour the course participant will be requested to leave the course without entitlement of refund of the course fee.
- Courses organised by Qia Consultancy & Training and Voix Humaines offer guidance on career orientation and career development. Participant coping with pre-existing psychological issues e.g. high stress levels or burn-out symptoms, are requested to discuss this with the course organisers before registering. These conditions do not necessarily exclude participation, but the course organisers want to underline that this programme is a training and not therapy.
- The information on the relevant websites and relevant brochures have been compiled with care, but the course organisers cannot be held liable for incorrect or incomplete information.
Complaints and Disputes
Complaints from course participants should be made in writing and signed. Complaints need to be addressed to Qia Consultancy & Training and Voix Humaines. Course organisers will respond within 90 days from the date of receipt of a complaint.
- The course participant is not allowed to publish the course methodology and/or course material in whole or in part and/or to reproduce it except for personal study or use as defined in the Law on Copyright.
- It is not permitted to reproduce or share any content of this event without written permission from the organisers.
The organisers shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should the event be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.